Prostate cancer refers to cancer developing in man’s prostate. It is a petite walnut-size gland that creates seminal fluids. A prostate of a man creates the seminal fluid which transports and nourishes sperm. The symptoms of prostate cancer include difficulty in urination & trouble peeing. Often there are not any symptoms of prostate cancer at all.
Prostate cancer can have adverse effects on health. One of the reasons why prostate health is necessary for men is that it is important for their semen. It helps them secrete a fluid that protects & nourishes the sperm. The prostate gland is located between the bladder and the penis. Prostate Enlargement is an issue that men often go through due to adverse diet, external causes, an infection caused by tissues, or a cell.
Causes and Risk Factors
It is not entirely confirmed whether only people with a family history of prostate cancer acquire it. It can happen to anyone; men with no family history or any risk factors that can attract the disease.
However, there are few causes and risk factors that you can identify on your own to lower your chances of getting the disease.
- Age is one of the major risk factors for prostate cancer. The chances of acquiring prostate cancer are widely high after a man goes over age 50. Often prostate cancer is found in men over 65 years of age.
- For some unconfirmed reasons, race plays a major role in prostate cancer. African-American men are more likely to acquire the disease than men of other races. Besides this, they are also more likely to have an advanced stage of this disease and can die because of it. Prostate cancer does occur less frequently in Asian-American men or Latino men against the non-Hispanic whites. The reasons are still unknown.
- Family History is also one of the reasons why men acquire the disease. Men with close family members who have had a history of prostate cancer are very much likely to acquire it, especially more when their close relative has been diagnosed with prostate cancer at a very young age.
- Geography too can be taken under the category of risk factors of prostate cancer. It seems that the disease is more common in Northwestern Europe, North America, and some other places. It is identified that it is less frequent and found in Africa, Central & South America, Asia, and Africa.
- Diet and Obesity can cause men to acquire prostate cancer. Men who eat a lot of red meat or high-fat dairy products have high chances of getting prostate cancer. Similarly, obese people are too at greater risk of getting advanced prostate cancer.
Symptoms Of Prostate Cancer
Common symptoms of Prostate Cancer are the following:
- Blood in Urine
- Frequent Urination
- Surge in late-night visits to the bathroom
- Interrupted or weak urine flow or need to apply force to empty the bladder
- Blood in the seminal fluid
- Burning sensation during peeing
- New onset of erectile issues/discomfort/dysfunction
- Severe pain or discomfort in sitting down or getting up due to large prostate
How Does Ayurveda Help In The Case of Prostate Cancer?
Ayurveda is one of the most trusted Indian systems of medicine that has been present in our country since ancient times. Ayurveda refers to making the utmost use of herbs and shrubs acquired from nature to formulate herbal remedies present in these herbs through inherent power. In Ayurveda it is believed that herbal remedies not only bring the richness of the natural herbs, they also bring the best of remedies in pure, unadulterated form. The combination of goodness helps in enhancing immunity, giving strength to will & endurance.
Ayurveda broadly uses the inherent potential of the natural herbs to derive excellent results on the human body. Besides this, natural herbs and shrubs are completely safe. They naturally enhance the functioning of the body in a herbal way. Herbs used in Ayurveda to treat prostate cancer help in limiting the abnormal growth of cancer cells in the prostate & alongside that regenerate normal healthy body cells. Furthermore, in later stages of prostate cancer, ayurvedic herbs also help in relieving the pain, anxiety, and discomfort caused by the cancer cells. The herbs assist the patients in fighting the pain and suffering naturally.
Ayurvedic medicines in prostate cancer help in shrinking the tumor, relieve the strong symptoms of prostate enlargement and limit the PSA level.
Suggested below are a few ayurvedic herbs and medicines that can be taken to treat the symptoms of enlarged prostate cancer that are essentially caused by prostate cancer. The treatment for prostate enlargement has been proven to be extremely effective and useful in relieving the symptoms of prostate cancer.
Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha)
Ashwagandha is a multiple benefit herb. It has numerous benefits on the human body. It is an excellent antioxidant, it has high anti-inflammatory properties. It assists in promoting overall health and well-being of the body meanwhile aptly nourishing it & enhancing its immunity.
A herbal remedy which is extracted from a fruit of a specific type of palm tree. It has been put into multiple medicines to relieve urinary issues and the ones caused by an enlarged prostate. It should be taken after the doctor’s consultation. Even though it is safe to use, it can cause minor side effects like headaches and upset stomachs.
It is a part of an African tree; bark, and it has been put into use as medicine to treat urinary issues from ancient times. It is usually used to tend BPH(Enlarged Prostate) symptoms, widely in Europe. Pygeum is safe to use. However, it has mild side-effects. It can cause stomach aches and headaches, and studies conducted on its potential to help in BHD suggest no long-term safety of Pygeum use.
Beta-sitosterol is herbal medicine, a mixture taken from various plants with cholesterol-like substances like phytosterols or sitosterols (plant-based fats). There have been several research and studies conducted on beta-sitosterol, which suggests that it has the potential to relieve the urinary symptoms of BPH and the strength of urine flow. There are not any significant side-effects of beta-sitosterol reported. However, there are not any known long-term effects of the suggested natural therapy.
The studies conducted on the benefits of stinging nettle have derived that it has qualities to improve some BPH symptoms. However, there is no evidence to solidify that it is more effective than no treatment at all. Often it is given with a combination of two other natural treatments for BPH, such as saw palmetto and pygeum. The side effects of stinging nettle are generally extremely mild, like skin rash and upset stomach.
Rye Grass Pollen Extract
Rye Grass Pollen Extract is extracted from different grass pollen types: rye, timothy, and corn. One of the studies conducted on its benefits and potential to be assistive in curing BHP. There has been a significant improvement in the nighttime symptoms of getting up to urinate in a person who has been taking rye grass pollen than individuals who were taking a placebo. However, it should be taken with a doctor’s consultation.
Gokshura is taken as one of the most essential and valuable herbs for the urogenital system. It is tridoshic, nervine, diuretic, and soothing for the urinary tract.
Punarnava is again another herb that is valuable in treating and rejuvenating the urinary tract. It is also precious in treating cancer for its alkaloid property holds specific anti-cancer effects, and it also reduces swellings. However, it should not be used without a doctor’s recommendation, during dehydration, or emaciation.
About The Author
Pavtan Food Products have been made after years of scientific research based on Ayurveda and Medical Science.
Our ‘Cancer Care Aata’ has proved to be an ayurvedic gift to cancer patients, thousands of them have benefitted from it. The major ingredients include Raj Gira, Singhada, Savva, Kattu, and Moong which help in curing cancer and preventing the cancer cells to grow further.
To know more, click here https://www.pavtan.com/pavtan-cancer-care-aata